Going with the Flow

Careers
Fun
Growth
Law & Order
Relationships
Self-induced Stress
The downside of modern technology

Archives

February 2014
January 2014
December 2013

powered by

My Blog

Going with the Flow

In the hurried pace at which many of us live, we often forget to take time to smell the roses. I know that I do. Thanksgiving Day is a difficult day for many of us as it brings back memories of departed loved ones with whom we used to celebrate the day and it can bring forth thoughts of those with whom we'd like to share the day but, for any of a number of reasons, can't.

There isn't only one way to handle melancholic feelings. This morning, I chose to do something that I haven't done in too long a time: I listened to music that I love.

Although I'm dating myself by saying who one of my all-time favorite ballad singers is, I must admit that I can't resist listening to Johnny Mathis sing songs like "Begin the Beguine", "Misty", "How Do You Keep the Music Playing", "Too Much Too Little Too Late" and many others. Music absolutely stirs my emotions. For example, I can never listen to "How Do You Keep the Music Playing" without crying. It's an astoundingly beautiful song with meaningful lyrics and, if you've never heard it, I suggest you go to You Tube and download Johnny Mathis' version of the song. You won't be sorry. On the other end of the spectrum, Pharrell Williams' "Happy" always has its intended effect on me, which is to make me feel happy. A couple of years ago, I went to a jazz performance with a friend. As I love jazz and as I especially enjoyed the arrangements the musicians performed, I told my friend that listening to jazz transports me. I wasn't exaggerating.

There is nothing wrong with allowing ourselves to feel all of our emotions, even the more unpleasant ones. That means, of course, that sometimes we can feel melancholic or nostalgic. For me, it's both soothing and cathartic to listen to music that reflects my mood. For some, it's fine art; for others, it's dance. Any of the arts, nature, sports, food, etc., can transport us.

Sometimes it's best to just go with the flow until the mood passes. While you're going with the flow, why not immerse yourself in your favorite music?

Since it's still Thanksgiving Day, for those of you who mistakenly think that you have nothing to be thankful for, I have something for you: BE THANKFUL THAT YOU WEREN'T BORN A TURKEY!

Happy Thanksgiving Day!

17 Comments to Going with the Flow:

Comments RSS
professional assignments writers on Monday, February 19, 2018 4:42 AM
Impressive write up something different to learn more objectives and learning more listening to johnny performed feel happy. Great accentuatingservice blog, unpleasant nostalgic download listening many others.

5454 on Friday, March 02, 2018 12:39 AM

FinestAssignments.Co.Uk on Saturday, March 03, 2018 4:32 AM
The flow is the sea of enormous insight. The substance conveys everything. The stream is life vitality itself. Taking the path of least resistance is reacting to signals from the universe. When you accept circumstances for what they are, you're surfing Life drive.

6dollaressay.com on Saturday, March 10, 2018 5:29 AM
I have analyzed your article, it is boundlessly beneficial and obliging for me. I regard the important information you offer in your articles. A commitment of gratefulness is definitely to post it.

Dailyhomeworkhelp.com on Tuesday, March 13, 2018 8:34 AM
Appreciative and a wealth of gives thanks towards I say I perceive how to make a charming article on a web page skip on after with this net diary.

Fake Watches on Monday, April 02, 2018 11:02 AM

MB6-894 exam question on Tuesday, May 15, 2018 1:50 AM
thanks for the information and visiting to your website helps me a lot.

ncrformsco on Monday, May 28, 2018 4:14 AM
Nice blog. I like this blog too much because the style of the presentation of the post is very good and impressive. Thanks and carry on it.carbonless forms online shopping

Cableinternet-deals on Friday, June 22, 2018 3:47 AM
As what is good for the gander is good for the goose, why not let good old Ephraim Inoni benefit from this very same largesse? His account published a few days ago should pay off his debt without much loss of sleep.

best gymnastic mats UK on Saturday, June 23, 2018 2:37 AM
Cool post! Personally I like your site. Which I am searching that have in your content is really awesome. I must want to say thanks for making this post.

Finance Assignment Writing Help on Monday, June 25, 2018 1:23 AM
Such A Nice Post, Keep Providing Good Resources.

Homework Assistance Australia on Monday, June 25, 2018 3:08 AM
Such A Nice Post, Keep Up The Fantastic Work

loemrntdherid1 on Wednesday, July 04, 2018 10:44 PM
You made some first rate points there. I appeared on the web for the difficulty and located most people will go together with with your website.

Allassignmenthelp.co.uk Reviews on Monday, July 09, 2018 5:33 AM
Welcome to the Allassignmenthelp.co.uk Reviews , Here you can get the best assignment help review sites. We strongly urge you to check our entire website once and we will assure you will find this review website very useful. Our hard work will be rewarded if students like you will appreciate our effort and spread the message about this site with your class-fellows and friends.

Content creators on Wednesday, July 25, 2018 5:02 AM
Good job!

Finance Assignment Writing Help on Monday, August 06, 2018 1:19 AM
This Was A Great And Interesting Article To Read. I Have Really Enjoyed All Of This Very Cool Information.

Civil Engineering Project Help Service on Monday, August 06, 2018 2:59 AM
They Are Not Able To Finish The Writing Assignments On Time. For Some Students, Writing Any Writing Assignments Is Able To Waste Their Time.