How to Be a Favored Employee
RSS Follow Become a Fan

Delivered by FeedBurner

Recent Posts

Hard Work Brings Serendipity
The High Maintenance Woman
Why I Like and Use Linkedin ProFinder
Show Your Love (A Repost of Feb. 14, 2014 Blog Post)
Always Be Available

Categories

Careers
Fun
Growth
Law & Order
Relationships
Self-induced Stress
The downside of modern technology

Archives

February 2014
January 2014
December 2013

powered by

My Blog

How to Be a Favored Employee

Some people think that their boss shows favoritism. They're probably right. Small businesses and departments of large businesses are like families: there's the authority figure, i.e., the boss and the children, i.e., the employees. Some bosses might be taken in by flattery, but I strongly suspect that they are in the minority.

Bosses can't help but favor employees who do a good job and who are cooperative. Demanding employees who are always negotiating and who feel that it's their right to criticize the boss are the employees who will not be given the best assignments and who will be asked to leave, first, during a business downturn.

The best way to get along with the boss is to be reliable, good at whatever work you do, cooperative, and responsive. Your boss has plenty on his plate and you become expendable when you give him a hard time or annoy him.

No matter how nice your boss might be, he's still your employer and you should edit your words when you communicate with him. If you communicate with your boss the same way that you communicate with your BFF, you do so at your own peril.

Don't leave your common sense or your manners at home -- bring them with you to work. Consider how you would want to be treated if you were the boss and treat your boss accordingly. Unless you want to be in the job market, again, or you bring something so special to the table that your boss can't find it elsewhere, you would be wise to treat your boss with courtesy and respect. Try to make your boss' work life easier and more pleasant. If he's normal, he'll repay you with loyalty, raises and promotions (if available), and great references (if or when you leave). You'll be a favored employee.

15 Comments to How to Be a Favored Employee:

Comments RSS
whois.uanic.name on Thursday, November 12, 2015 6:03 AM
Thanks!!!

Laura Lieff on Saturday, December 05, 2015 10:21 AM
Thank you for enjoying my blog post. I apologize for my tardiness in responding, however, I just saw your comment this minute. Best, Laura

Stock Trading Tips on Friday, May 06, 2016 5:58 AM
I believe that you recognize how to construct people pay attention to what you have to pronounce, particularly with a concern that’s so vital. I am pleased to suggest this blog.

Laura Lieff on Thursday, June 16, 2016 5:36 PM
Thank you so much, "Stock Trading Tips", for your kind comments and intention to suggest my blog to others. I apologize for my tardy response to your comments. Best, Laura

online sales on Sunday, July 31, 2016 10:54 PM
Appreciate your the precious information and facts which positive aspects me considerably.Due to a a variety of added in added benefits and advantages, considerably more clients have got a selection for buying problems on online earnings web site and low-priced online shopping web-site.

cheap fake handbags on Monday, October 24, 2016 2:34 AM

Laura Lieff on Friday, November 18, 2016 10:21 PM
I 100% agree with you, Cheap Fake Handbags. Thank you for your comment.

MCX Normal Calls on Saturday, December 03, 2016 5:03 AM
I found it quiet interesting ,Thank you for posting the great content…I was looking for something like this…, hopefully you will keep posting such blogs

Laura Lieff on Sunday, February 05, 2017 4:41 PM
To: MCX Normal Calls, Small Business Accountants Auckland, NZ Payroll, Enable HR, and Robert I apologize for my tardy response to all of you. Please know that I very much appreciate your comments and am thrilled that you like the content of my blog posts. If you're a football fan, enjoy the Super Bowl! Sincerely, Laura

Small Business Accountants Auckland on Wednesday, December 14, 2016 10:34 AM
I like your information, I hope you will post regularly.

nz payroll on Wednesday, December 14, 2016 11:31 AM
I thought that it was calm fascinating ,Thank you for posting the colossal substance… I was searching for something like this… , ideally you will continue posting such sites

enable hr on Wednesday, December 14, 2016 1:00 PM
Much thanks to you for posting the colossal substance… I was searching for something like this

robert on Friday, February 03, 2017 2:19 AM
This post is truly useful and informative please share more info! Great helping material with amazing post style you discussed with everyone. I must Each & every tip of your post is awesome. highly trained el paso plumbers

PHP jobs in Indore on Thursday, April 06, 2017 7:02 AM
Thanks for the post.

Web Designing Services in Indore on Wednesday, April 19, 2017 5:59 AM
Nice post. Keep sharing more with us.